Januarys Update From The Gasworks
News From The Gasworks
We have started the year with a bang! It has been all hands on deck. The building site has continued to be a hive of activity, even when we had a sprinkling of snow. In January the following happened:
- The outer metal cladding to the Main Hall is almost complete
- The metal clad roof over the Glass Link is complete
- New metal framed single glazed windows replaced the existing windows in the original building
- Glazed doors and windows between the Main Hall and Glass Link are now in place
- Installation of timber joists for the new floor in the toilets and main hall
- Plumbing works have begun
- Continuation of the electric first fix
- The BT phone line is now complete
- Wood cladding to the inside of the Gasholder is almost complete
- External works started to raise levels
- Original doors removed and repaired
- Painting of metal work in the Glazed Link
Our volunteer 3D mapping team have been very busy. They have created a digital image that you can explore by clicking the link below.
The Gasworks Needs You!
Volunteer Open Day
29th April 2023, 1pm – 3pm and 4pm – 6pm.
FREE Parking, Tea & Cake!
We are looking for likeminded souls to join our friendly family of volunteers at our newly restored Grade II listed heritage site.
- Garden and Outdoor enthusiasts
- Visitor Welcome Volunteers
Volunteers are involved in every aspect of work across The Gasworks Sudbury. Whether it’s repairing and maintaining the building, looking after the woodland and outdoor areas, supporting our management team, meeting and greeting visitors, or working on community events and fundraising. Volunteers make an invaluable contribution to help keep The Gasworks Sudbury available for future generations.
Volunteering at The Gasworks Sudbury is a great opportunity to meet new people, learn new skills and make a real impact in creating a welcoming community space for Sudbury Parish and its visitors.
We also welcome families that would like to volunteer together. Volunteering as a family gives you the chance to spend quality time together without the costs of a traditional day out. This is suitable for children aged 10+ but we are open to discussions around age based on your individual circumstances.
For more information please email Lisa at email@example.com or call 07540636153.
Volunteer Training Morning
29th April 2023 10am – 12pm
For our current volunteers we will be holding a catch up and training morning. We will be making sure all your training is up to date, as well as getting you signed up to Better Impact and showing you how to use it.
Please email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you will be attending. Tea and cake will (of course!) be available.
Egg-stra Special Easter Egg Hunt
Registration is now open for our Egg-stra Special Easter Hunt on 8th April. With National Wildlife Week falling at the same time as Easter this year we have gone hunt crazy with egg hunts, bug hunts and a nature scavenger hunt!
Join us for our first event of 2023, with fun FREE activities for all the family. We recommend you book early.
Dates For Your Diary
DERBYSHIRE OPEN ARTS FESTIVAL 27TH – 29TH MAY 2023
Derbyshire open arts is an annual open studio style event, which runs over the late May bank holiday.
The Gasworks will be hosting 14 artists for the event. There is a wide variety of mediums and some artists will be showcasing their talents with live demonstrations.