Visiting the Gasworks
Here you can find all the information you will need when you plan to visit us.
Although the site is currently closed to regular visitors, we are running special events with restricted numbers. To help all visitors and staff stay safe, we ask that you follow this guidance:
- Feeling sick? We ask that anyone feeling unwell or with a temperature at or above 37.8°C not to attend events.
- All adults are encouraged to where a facemask when visiting the site or attending events.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Follow the signs. There may be signage, floor markings, and physical barriers in place to guide you through our spaces.
- Keep clean. We will provide free face masks and hand sanitizer at our events, please wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
Sudbury Gasworks, School Lane, Sudbury, Derbyshire, DE6 5HZ
The site is currently closed to visitors during restoration and conservation works
The site is currently closed to visitors during restoration and conservation works. Selected events and activities will be charged.
How To Get Here
By Train: The nearest train stations are Uttoxeter or Tutbury and Hatton
By Bus: 401 from Uttoxeter (Thomas Alleynes High School) stops outside the Vernon Arms, opposite School Lane. The 401 also goes to Tutbury and Hatton Railway Station.
By Car / Coach: Sudbury is located off the A50 at the A515 junction. There is currently only street parking available on the main road – once open to the public there will be a dedicated car park
The site is currently closed to visitors during restoration and conservation works. If attending an event, please park on the main road. Contact us if you have limited mobility and we can provide alternate parking for events.